We’re in the midst of preparing for a few days away to celebrate Christmas with our family. As I mentioned before, I’m feeling a bit anxious about the holidays as change in routine is hard on Maddy (cry-until-I-puke-several-times-a-day kind of hard sometimes). Transitions are very tough for her. We’re learning how to support Maddy through transitions, but mama and dada still have a lot to learn, so we’re not quite there yet.
I decided to prepare a sensory holiday survival kit to try to help us through the next week.
Maddy’s survival kit has:
- Silky material that is calming for her
- Visual timer
- Visual schedule
- Weighted toy
- Toothbrush for oral stimulation
- Razzmatazz for oral stimulation
- Squishy texture ball
- Organic fruit lollipops for oral proprioception
- Vibrating ladybug
- Wall plug-in that shines fish on the ceiling
- Chewy tubes
- Oral jigglers (facial/mouth massagers)
- Rock-a-bye baby tunes
Mama’s survival kit:
Do you have anything you always pack in your holiday survival kit?
Wishing you all the happiest of holidays! See you in 2013!!