Lyndsay over at Who wants to be Martha when I can be me? tagged me. This is my first time joining into something like this, so here I go.
- Post these rules.
- Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
- Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
- Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
- Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.
Here I am in 2008 (at my bachelorette party) with two of my fave ladies ever – my sisters Kristy & Lindsay
11 Random Things:
- I live in Woodstock in a 105 year old two-storey red brick house with my best friend and husband, Eric, our daughter Madeleine, and our beagle Loki.
- I think that laughing until you cry is one of life’s best medicines.
- I grew up dancing competitively and still miss it every day.
- I don’t know what I’d do without my family. I know I can count on them for anything. Additionally, I have been blessed with some amazing friends who I know are always there for me.
- My husband, Eric, got me obsessed with Myers-Briggs. I think part of the reason our relationship works so well is because we both took the time to understand the other’s personality profile. Both of our profiles are bang on (I’m an INFP and he’s an INTP).
- I’m an idealist. I struggle sometimes fitting the real world into the world I imagine or think should be. Because of this, most of my day is spent inside my head. I daydream for probably 85% of each day. Sometimes my daydreams are so real that I can’t remember if they really happened or not. I call them my vivid daydreams, and I usually have one or two that are recurring for long periods of time.
- I am constantly wondering what the meaning of life is, what it means to live a good life, and how I’m meant to use my talents to make this world a better place. Some days I feel like I’m on the right track, and other days I feel like I can’t even see the tracks.
- I’ve felt misunderstood for the majority of my life. There are only a handful of people in my life that I think truly get me.
- I have a really hard time relating to and understanding people with black and white thinking, because I think on a grey scale. Sometimes this causes me to defend a position more strongly than I normally would, because the rigidity of the opponent infuriates me. I feel the most relaxed around someone who acknowledges that not everything in life is so cut and dry. Eric laughed so hard when I read this to him… that’s how true this is.
- I think we should all pay more active attention to complimenting and encouraging other people. A world where we all support one another and feel comfortable enough with ourselves to be able to identify strengths in others sounds perfect to me.
- I feel blessed when I think about what I’ve been given in life.
11 Questions from Lyndsay:
1. Why do you blog?
I originally started blogging so that it would give me some motivation to start new sewing projects. I’m loving the human connection that it gives me. In particular, I have connected with so many mothers who understand my current situation, and that experience has been invaluable.
2. What have you made in the past year of which you are most proud?
3. Where do your best ideas come from?
The internet (pinterest, etsy, other blogs), magazines, and sometimes just seeing something in a store I want but know I can sew or knit myself. As a new sewer though, other blogger’s tutorials are my go-to.
4. What’s your favourite background noise while crafting?
Hmmm… prior to Maddy it would’ve been TV or movie in the background. Nowadays I cherish the silence during her naps and keep it that way 🙂
5. Why do you craft?
Finishing a project is so satisfying. As a current stay at home mom it also gives me some alone time to collect my thoughts, and feel like me (instead of just Maddy’s mom – as fabulous as that is).
6. What’s your favourite hangout spot?
I’m not sure I exactly have a favourite hangout spot… but I love being outdoors: camping, hiking, walking, biking, you name it!
7. If you could pack up and go anywhere right now, where would you travel?
So many places!! I’d love to be able to head to South Africa this summer for Eric’s cousin’s wedding. Additionally, the places that have been at the top of my list for years are Iceland and the Galapagos Islands. I hope one day I’m lucky enough to see the Blue Lagoon and a blue-footed booby.
8. What book is next on your list of things to read?
I’m a bit boring right now. Currently working through Sensational Kids: Hope and Help for Children with Sensory Processing Disorer by Lucy Jane Miller Ph,D., OTR. The next two to follow are No Longer A Secret: Unique Common Sense Strategies for Children with Sensory or Motor Challenges by Doreit S. Bialer and Lucy Jane Miller, and The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder by Carol Kranowitz. Just to balance this out, I’m also in the middle of reading Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares 😉
9. Coffee, tea, or cola?
I have a sick obsession with Pepsi that I’ve been working on for years with no success. But, I also love, love, love herbal teas and drink at least two a day. I despise coffee… unless it is in the form of Coffee Crisp or an Iced Capp with chocolate milk in it…. mmmmmm.
10. Five years from now, do you think you’ll still be blogging?
I hope so!
11. Which blogs do you read most regularly?
I follow a lot of blogs… but most regularly it’s gotta be my sister Lindsay’s delicious food blog, and my sister-in-law Lyndsay’s crafty blog. I also frequent Oh She Glows for yummy vegan recipes, MSPI mama for yummy milk/soy-free recipes, Gluten Free Gobsmacked for yummy gluten-free recipes, Bloom Photography for my newborn fix, and MADE, Vanilla Joy, and Made by Rae for sewing projects and tutorials.
My 11 Questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you think is the hardest part of blogging? Easiest?
- What is the one craft skill you’ve always wanted to learn but haven’t yet?
- What project did you learn the most from?
- What is your biggest (and most humorous) project failure?
- What one place have you travelled that you would recommend to others?
- What was the most breathtaking view you’ve seen?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What song affects you the most?
- What was your first concert?
- What is your comfort food?